23 September 2012

Foodie Adventures (London) - NOPI

Theres nothing I love more than sitting down and reading a good restaurant review. In fact, its what I spend most afternoons doing (yes I crazy search online everyday for new food haunts to quench my never ending lust for new foods). However when I myself then stumble upon something worth sharing - its hard to get the words out the way you want to (I'll give it a go).


After months and months of wanting to try out Ottolenghi's salads, my friends and I decided to meet up for a catch up and their sister restaurant which is a brasserie (but more of a sit and eat a meal catch up kinda place than the other) with a twist. They serve dishes with the freshest ingredients and they certainly look it. Beautiful colours, tasty, healthy but so so so delicious. I could come back everyday. Their flavours are of Middle-east and Asia and are open all day for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a pre-theatre menu.


The top floor is formal with the bottom floor having long canteen tables looking into an open kitchen (which was pretty damn cool).


They had so many cool items on the menu! You could order lots of starters to share (I went with lots of starters, for myself..), or a main, and sides, and, ahhh it was just all too much!

Pretty self explanatory

Roasted red pepper, red onion, goat's cheese, hazelnut pesto

Marinated olives
Whole twice-cooked baby chicken, lemon myrtle salt, chilli sauce

Steamed pak choi, garlic, crispy shallots

Mackerel, fennel and white grape salsa, tobiko

Roasted green, purple, white cauliflower, ricotta, golden raisin puree (my favourite)
Roasted aubergine, feta, pomegranate

Grilled pork tenderloin, peanut mango acar, pickled pomelo

Twice cooked baby chicken, lemon myrtle salt, chilli sauce

Organic prawns, kohlrabi, bacon sauerkraut jalapeno

Purple, candy, golden beetroot, labneh

Roast sirloin, truffle vinaigrette, Belper Knolle cheese

Nectarine galette, pistachio, white peach sorbet

Chocolate, spicy hazelnut, orange oil

Caramel and roasted peanut ice cream, chocolate sauce

I LOVE WHITE AND GOLD. HOW COOL IS THIS BATHROOM. YES I WENT INSIDE AND TOOK LOTS OF PHOTOS LIKE A CRAZY PERSON. YES MY FRIENDS (and other people in the bathroom) JUDGED ME.





I can't wait to go back and explore their menu more! *add in* I must confess, I wrote half of this post after I had finished my lunch yesterday but having since I have gone back with my parents and added in extra food photos. IT WAS THAT GOOD. They (at first) didn't want to order many veggie dishes but after having tried two, reordered more veggies (and repeated some dishes - yes - that good).



NOPI website here. And while you're at it - take a look at Ottolenghi's too!





SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS